Community Bike Rodeo – May 6th
Dig out your bicycles and join the CGOWCA for some bike safety tips, equipment checks and a lovely ride along the Ottawa River Pathway. This FREE event is open to residents of all ages.
Join us next Sunday at 11 a.m. at École des voyageurs – 6030 Voyageur Drive.
- The city’s Cycling Education Team will provide safety tips and skills training.
- A community member will help you tune up your bike.
- You’ll have a chance to see SMOOCH in action, a pedal-powered smoothie machine! ($)
- We’ll draw prizes courtesy of Giant Orléans.
- Check out the event on Facebook!
Did you know? May is Bike to Work Month!
Visit https://biketoworkottawa.ca/ for more details and to sign up.
Active Transportation Summit – May 16th
A message from Ecology Ottawa:
Ottawa is at a watershed moment for progress on walking, cycling and transit. The City of Ottawa’s new policy on “complete streets” for all users, the advent of a transformative Light Rail Transit project, and substantial infrastructure investments from the provincial and federal governments make this a key moment to assess an outlines for implementing a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible streetscape at scale.
Our event will focus on the City of Ottawa’s progress on cycling and pedestrian issues, identify strategic opportunities and build support for safer and healthier streets. More specifically, it will include:
- A panel discussion on the future of Ottawa’s streets
- Representation from the organizations and community associations working to advance sustainable transportation in Ottawa
- Presentation of the new Ecology Ottawa report, “Seizing the moment for safe and healthy streets”
- And more!
We would be honoured if you could join us at the Active Transportation Summit on Wednesday May 16, 2018 from 5pm-8pm at Christ Church Cathedral. Registration is now open, and you can register at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/active-transportation-summit-ti….